It's not enough to get a facial to keep your skin clear and beautiful. You need to have a great home skin-care routine. Here are the everyday habits you need to keep your skin beautiful:
* Eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and leafy green. Good nutrition is the basic building block of healthy skin.
* Drink plenty of water every day. (I fill a carafe to remind myself.)
* Cut out skin-damaging habits like smoking, excessive drinking, tanning booths and excessive sun exposure.
* Search out a good esthetician by asking friends and doing some research. Then work with her (or him) on a regular basis.
* Get a professional facial to deep cleanse your skin and review your product choices at least four times a year, as the seasons change. Every four to six weeks is ideal.
* Throw away the soap and use quality products that are right for your skin type. Discuss your home skin-care routine with an esthetician.
* If you can't afford all the skin-care products right away, ask the esthetician which are most important to start. Invest in additional products as you can.
* Wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days and in winter. Use a good-quality, high-SPF, full-spectrum sunscreen. Sun damage is the single most important cause of premature aging. On my face, decolette and the back of my hands I use Ti-Silc Sheer SPF 45 Sunblock (compare prices). It's reasonably priced and doesn't sting sensitive skin.
* Remember to put sunscreen on exposed areas like the back of your hands, neck and chest. They're often the first place to show your age.
Login below to reply: